Yesterday I spilled the story of why I stopped waiting to follow my dreams. I certainly don’t want anyone to go through anything as dramatic as what I did, to come to the same conclusion. So instead I’ll try a little persuasion… Here it is, in no particular order, my top 5 reasons why you should follow your dreams now.
1) Whoever said good things come to those who wait lied. SERIOUSLY. They come to those who work for it!
2) If your high school reunion was tomorrow or you found out you had 2 months to live, would you be proud of what you accomplished? Is it what you wanted to accomplish? Then maybe you should get on that dream! It’s only to late when you’re dead.
3) There’s always tomorrow. I’m also sure there’s always tomorrow for another obstacle to come up. So you might as well forget about tomorrow being a better time to get started and do it today!
4) Do you feel like you’re in a rut? Is it hard to start another day of the same thing or think about spending the next 30 years where you are now? Then follow your passion! No one’s saying quit your job. Is there something small you can start with, to build towards where you want to be?
5) Be an example to your kids! If I want my kids to follow their dreams, then maybe Mommy and Daddy should show them how it’s done!
Today, write out all those things that are making you wait to follow your dreams. Leave space under each one. Now go back through your list and brainstorm solutions to help you get past that obstacle. Remember where there is will there is a way.
If you’re new to this blog, welcome! If you checked me out from my link on the Nesting Place, I really appreciate your visit! Please comment, I would love the feedback.